Dec 17, 2010

One Week!

Holy Moly! Only one week until Christmas? Seriously? Who is playing with my calendar and making the days go faster? Are you running around as crazy as I am? Or are you the organized, prepared, got it all done early, make me sick but love you anyway type? Just when I think I'm doing okay checking things off of my list, time speeds up in some kind of Christmas black hole time warp thing and I'm behind again! Well, at least the shopping is done. Presents are waiting to be wrapped. Decorations are ALL finally up. Christmas letter is written and the front of the card is below - those are printed and waiting to be cut, scored, and folded. Stamps are bought but still need more red envelopes. Then, it's just baking and grocery shopping. Oh, and a trip to Disneyland is getting squeezed in there somewhere.

Well, it's the best kind of busy, getting ready for Christmas. Though it is tough this year in many ways, my first without my parents, it is still cheering me up in many other ways and helping me remember lots of lovely Christmases with my family in years past.

Love is the Greatest Gift of All


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 12/17/10. All rights reserved.
Digital collage. Image credits: body from collageanonymous.etsy.com; hat from Finecrafted Designs at Deviantscrap.com; hearts from Holliewood Studios at Deviantscrap.com; sparkles from Nicole Young at DigitalScrapbookPlace.com; everything else is from my images at tumblefishstudio.etsy.com.


I am actually working on a hand cut piece in between everything else. I haven't made a hand cut piece in months and it is challenging to switch gears and think more gesturally than mechanically as I have been so engulfed in digital images. Hope to get it done and posted next week.

Johnny Depp dear, please don't read this. My excitement for today entailed getting my 40something face waxed. Not just my brows but my whole face! I don't trust my aging eyes to pluck all that might need to be plucked. It's hard to do with glasses on and hard to do without. Well, I had no idea how much your facial hair has to do with how you feel in your face. Not feel your face but feel WITH your face - if I touch it, it feels like someone else's face, kinda numb. It is the oddest feeling. I might risk the sasquatch look or as my hair grays, the Santa look my husband has become accustomed to and skip the whole face procedure next time. Might just keep the brows from taking over my forehead from now on. Oh well, the Christmas company will have a prettier less hairy but slightly numb face to greet this year. TMI? Well for that . . .

How about a Christmas prize drawing? I was thinking that would be a good way to celebrate all of my loyal and supportive friends and customers and what they have given ME this year. Don't post yet to enter the drawing, but be sure to watch this week for a collage sheet drawing and a print drawing in the next couple of days!

Until then, have a great and joyous weekend!

20 comments:

NancyB said...

First let me say..your blog looks gorgeous! Your card is brilliant! All the colors and design is beautiful and a feast for the eyes! About the facial hair thing...I totally get you! I do! Pluck pluck here pluck pluck there! A pair of tweezers in the purse is a must for me! hee hee My eyebrows have a mind of their own...they no longer want to lay down in the right fashion lol Age is a bugger and has it's own sense of humor! :O) Just laugh and carry on! Merry Christmas dear friend and a VERY Happy New Year! xoxo Nance

Sueann said...

Yes! Christmas is rushing at us for sure. I am all done and wrapped and ready to go. I jusy have one back ordered present that I am waiting for.
I waxed for years and years...but lately I have been getting electrolysis and wow...what a difference. It can be uncomfortable at time but bearable and the hairs are not growing back in!! Very cool!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Terri Kahrs said...

Oooooo . . . . your blog is all decked out and so festively beautiful!!! Yup! I know exactly what you mean about the days in this month accelerating! It's as though a naughty elf is playing with a time machine!!!! Love your Christmas card, Marsha! Sending you warm Christmas wishes and Happy Holiday hugs! Terri xoxoxo

Sharon Fraser said...

Love your Christmas blog wrapping Marsha...so festive! I so know what you mean about the black hole of time.
And I can totally relate to the waxing ...I was laughing out loud reading your post. I've only endured that torture once, never again. I remember how mortified I was the first time my hairdresser offered to "trim" my eyebrows. Just bought myself a big magnifying mirror and like Nancy my tweezers are always in my purse.
Thanks again for a fabulous blog. You are so generous and honest with information the information you share.

"MOI" Freubel said...

Hey Marsha
You'll never guess !!
I'm just registered at Etsy LOL
and finally I've had time to purchase sheets from you to !! Hurray :)
*********
About your blogheader and card !!
PHENOMENAL !!!!!
lOVE IT, how all your images came together. What a fantastic christmas-sphere and feeling.

I wish you also sparkling and joyful days my dear....
The countdown has begun ;)
Hugsss from me !
Rian

The Queens Table said...

Oh Marsha I LOVE YOUR CARD!!! So tall too! I hope all those who receive it know how blessed they are!

I have not gotten anything for the King yet!!!! Yikes!!!!

Thank you so much for the wonderful and generous comments you sprinkled on my blog. You made me blush. Funny feeling when someone whose work you admire likes what you do as well.:-D

Today I won't be getting anything done as I let myself get wrangled into photographing a multi-band show...what was I thinking....

Unknown said...

Oooh, I must admit, I totally didn't notice the blog redesign until I read the comments, but I have a process when I come to your site. I get so excited by your art that I skip over everything, check out what fun new creations you've made, then I go back to read what you wrote, the comments, and then I look at everything else that I finally allow myself to be distracted with, LMAO. With that said, I LOVE your new blog design, it is SO festive. And as always, your piece is beautiful and very much in the spirit of the holidays.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

p.s. I've done waxing...ahh...no more, lol.

The Gossamer Tearoom said...

HI Marsha!
I love your Christmas card! We finally got all of ours written and in the mail today. I felt so guilty for not making them all like in past years, but I'm kind of running out of steam for this year and had to go with some of the nicer leftovers I had from years past.

As for that facial hair issue, I won't even talk about myself, but I will tell you that I used have to help my mother with hers and would say, "Time to un-catfish the mommy-face!" That made her smile, which always made for a nice change!!

Wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas and a Most Happy New Year!

Betty

"MOI" Freubel said...

Marsha...please check your mailbox !!

yoborobo said...

Marsha - it is hard to type when you are laughing! lol! Yes, there is a random Christmas Black Hole that time disappears into. At least YOU have your shopping done! I am doing that "Wait, kid number 4 doesn't have nearly as much as kids 1,2 and 3!" AND we have a big holiday meal that I haven't even thought about AND my kids go to school until Christmas EVE! What's with that? It's just all nuts. Honestly, I need to check into a facility of some sort, I'm just not sure what kind. I just hope they serve wine. xoxox!!! Pam

Stephanie said...

Yay! Love your header. Happy Holiday, friend! -
Stephanie

chrisg said...

So glad to hear that other ladies carry the tweezers in the purse and it's not just me LOL.

Marshas I LOVE LOVE LOVE your festive banner and Christmas card -just full of colourful scrumptiousness.

Wishing you and your family a peacful Christmas and New Year from across the water.


best wishes Chris x

roc said...

howdy marsha. your post me giggle! oh getting old and facial hair...what is up with that anyways? good golly. love your little blog fix up for the holidays. it's adorable. hope you are doing well! you're going to disney? how fun! i hope you have a great time.

NANCY LEFKO said...

It's been far too long since I have stopped by to visit, but I couldn't let Christmas go by w/o wishing you the best! I think of you every time I see your beautiful prints in my home :) Have the merriest!!!!!

Gaby Bee said...

Love and hugs to you my friend for the festive season. Hope it’s a fabulous Christmas for you and yours! Best wishes for the New Year.

Gaby xo

.Trudi Sissons said...

Well all I can say is WOW - what a feast for my eyes after a long absence from visiting blogs - I LOVE your side images and the entire look of your blog right now!!Awesome! And the card is gorgeous Marsha!
Looks like in spite of some down time with the flu, you had a MERRY TIME in Blogville at some point!!!

I'll be back - LOL on the facial hair - WHY Why Why!!! It's not fair that we should have to pluck pluck pluck only to look in the direct sun light to see the ones we missed!

Unknown said...

Dearest Marsha, I do not know how this happend but it dawned on me that I had not read a post of yours in a while ... Some how your blog waas knocked off my follow / Update list ... Yikes. It is all fixed now! I love the new banner which may be old to your blog at this point . Hope all is well. Hugs Julie

Anonymous said...

marsha, i was browsing through a recent edition of the somerset publications today & wanted to congratulate you on your recent spread. nice job!!! i knew it was you right away.
danielle aka "fairydust" from DS

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Sending you wishes of joy, peace, and LoVe Marsha! You had me at the mere mention of Johnny D. ~ have you read the article in Entertainment Weekly? The photos alone are worth it! I had to come by and wish you a very Merry Season and the Happiest of New Years!
You are one of my most fave muses ~ whenever I visit, I always get a tremendous dose of inspiration! Thanks so much!
Blessings ~ Katie

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Marsha, Just called by to say Happy New Year to you :-) Hope you have a joyful and artful 2011. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration throughout 2010 x