Mar 15, 2010

I'm not doing what I should be doing . . .

. . . again. What else is new? But I did get a couple of pieces done over the last few days.

I watermarked this first one so you can click on it and see it a bit larger. I usually link pictures so lurkers can't click and download a nice big copy.

The Lesson Remembered


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 3/15/10. All rights reserved. You may not copy, download, print, or use this image in any way without my permission.

This is a large 8 x 10 collage that is not digital but but includes 23 hand cut pieces and the characters were hand colored from grayscale images. This piece uses a woman's face from DigitalCollageSheets.etsy.com and used with a commercial license. The man's face came from flickr's catnipstudio. The main bodies come from flickr's takeabreak and the shoes were scanned and altered from magazine and catalog pictures. The blue background is made of two textures from flickr's JoesSistah and used with commercial fees. The grass is from Holliewood Studios at Oscraps.com and used with a commercial license. The wings and most other elements are from Christina at ChristinaReneeDesigns.com and used with a commercial license.


This one is kinda simple. I had saved pieces to participate in Art Creations Friday and left them undone so I combined them to use them up and finish a little ditty here.

I Heart Fish


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 3/15/10. All rights reserved. You may not copy, download, print, or use this image in any way without my permission.

This is a small 5 x 7 collage using a face and upper body from the gals at Art Creations Friday blog. The fish is from DigitalCollageSheets.etsy.com and used with a commercial license as was the grass from Holliewood Studios at Oscraps.com. The water and upper background are from flickr's rubyblossom and the boat is from siefert2.etsy.com. The wings are from AsunderEphemera.etsy.com and the hat is made from a 100 year old dictionary. The pants are from my own vintage picture and the shoes were scanned and altered from a catalog. The striped border is from Crowabout.etsy.com.


Mailing stuff tomorrow. I had a big Etsy week last week (28 pieces - I think - sold! woohoo!) and still have a few things left to mail. Then chore stuff to do. Hope to do lots of blog and flickr visiting this week as I got almost all caught up last week and don't want to get behind again.
Photobucket

20 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow Marsha these are brilliant.
I love your humor and your work is really special and unique. Amazing.

Have a great day.

Gail Burton said...

These are just beautiful Marsha, but I thought the watermark was part of the picture, lol! Congrats on the sales.

Gail x

Gail Burton said...

Marsha, I forgot to ask you how you 'link' your pictures? Cyber theft can be a problem for me too unfortunately.

hugs
Gail x

Heavens2Betsy said...

These are stunning so wild, wacky and whimsical. Love your work! x

Diane said...

Marsha, I just love coming here and looking at your new creations--you never disappoint!

*jean* said...

hi marsha - your style is so fun and unique...i love the colors in the girl with the paperhat & fish...wonderful works, both of them!! can you explain how you "link" your pictures?

Kim Mailhot said...

Wowza ! Things are looking s god around here, Marsha ! So happy for your great Etsy success too. May you find a good rhythm again soon.
Big Love to you !

Lorraine said...

These are lovely as always Marsha! I posted about your skinny on my blog today - check it out! Thanks again....

lilylovekin said...

Congrats on such a super week in your ETSY store. That is great. Sounds like you have been doing exactly what you "should" be doing.

the mixie pixie said...

Fantastical! Love your unique style, strong colors, humor, and cleverness. The "flight instructor" is brilliant! You are truly gifted, and good-on-you for protecting your "babies" - your creations! It's sad that it has to be done. Now, off to visit your Etsy store....

yoborobo said...

Wunderbar, wunderbar!! You are amazing! Congrats on all the sales. :) xoxo Pam

Marit said...

OHMY... Marsha... the flying instructor is amazing!!! LOVE IT!!!! And congratulations with all the sales... you go girl!

lynda Howells said...

love your work...especially the l love fish!x

Anonymous said...

i seriously adore all your posting kind, very helpful,
don't quit as well as keep penning considering the fact that it simply just truly worth to read it,
excited to look over a lot more of your own writing, have a good day!

Julia said...

As always Marsha, stunning and I love love the deep colors you always use.

Jan said...

What wonderful colors and ideas! Very inspiring

Unknown said...

I bought your I heart fish piece I loved it so much! Really love your art.

...and it even inspired me to attempt (non digital) collage!

The Queens Table said...

Just found your site and I am impressed with your genius! You Rock! All the most wonderful blessings to your creativity!

PQ

Anonymous said...

folks, sweet page
the way to get blog posts who smash in visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/yhmovw8

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Oh my, I was just thrilled to see a familiar face in your art!