Hear that? That's the sound of how fast things are moving around here . . . . ffffffffffT. That's my best impression of it anyway.
Why you won't know why it sounds like ffffffffffT . . . .
I read HERE in another very informative post by the talented Seth Apter of The Altered Page, that 70% of blog readers he surveyed recently want mostly art on the blogs they visit and not so much personal stuff. I don't know if you've noticed but I have gotten much better about not posting personal stuff for awhile now. I had already been "advised" a couple of times by well meaning folks, that I shouldn't. So, I'm glad I'm accidentally kinda sorta on the right track. That doesn't usually happen for me . . . I'm usually embarrassingly on the wrong side of things, a day late and dollar short. (Go read the rest of Seth's great article on blog publishing!)
All of that to say, I wish I could share why things are moving so fast it sounds like ffffffffffT but that would apparently not interest 70% of you. I can't promise I won't try and swoon the other 30% of you from time to time with my personal blah blah blahs but tonight I'm staying in the good favor of the majority. I may sound cynical about all of this but, truly it is just a newly found confidence in being couth for once and trying to be funny at the same time.
(Edit - 6/9 . . . . I really don't mean to sound cynical. I am a huge fan of Seth's and have learned a lot from him, faithfully observing his own blog and his well written articles. Please know that I am not arguing the survey. I really am just trying to be funny and a little mysterious as I read somewhere else, artists should be! hee hee)
I really don't have any fresh new pieces of art to share for reasons you now realize I am not going to share. So, below I wanted to share the cover of DeviantScrap's latest edition of The Muse, a free digital zine that you can download here. The cover was done by the very talented Amber aka Persnickety Chick (who I am so proud to mention is on my Tumble Fish Studio Creative Team). Amber has the most wonderful style in using images of herself or family/friends in her work as she did here in this cover.
I have nothing to show for myself except . . . .
the previews for a couple of new sale kits I have at DeviantScrap.com, released today. More new-old sale kits coming Monday!
And consider yourself invited back for some other mostly art posts coming soon!
P.S. If you're an Etsy seller, HERE is a great Etsy blog post on how to boost your business. Boy, do I need that!