Jul 14, 2009

Ahh, much better . . .

It may have been hot, but I had a good day today. It felt so good to make some stuff! And, I went through my mail and got the bills paid. Can't complain about that!

For Collage Play with Crowabout - Parlor Queen


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 6/14/09
This is a 5 x 7 collage using many elements and a face from Nancy Baumiller's flickr Collage Play with Crowabout challenge. The body is from lisasalteredart.etsy.com and some borders are from Sande Krieger. The face and body were hand-colored after printing. Most elements were hand-trimmed. The background was made using layers and textures from flickr's 'Playingwithbrushes' and Joes Sistah, both altered digitally by me.


Green Queen


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 6/14/09
This is a 5 x 7 collage using a face and body from lisasalteredart.etsy.com, hair and boots scanned from magazine and catalog pictures, words from Nancy's Baumiller's flickr Collage Play with Crowabout group, crown from spiceitup.etsy.com, grass and wings purchased from other vendors. Most pieces were trimmed and hand-colored to some degree after printing and then placed on a background made from pieces from flickr's 'Playingwithbrushes' and anji one.


Tuesday I HAVE to go to the grocery store before my family hangs me by my thumbs and I want to paint one of our fence walls. Now that I have some art out of my system, I hope to make the blog and flickr rounds more seriously though I did lots of peeking today! Soooo inspiring!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I know I say this every week but, Solar Tip Shoes is my most FAVORITE!!! I love everything about it. I am really loving your combinations of digital and paper sweetie! Love, Jamie

WingingIt said...

i love the playful nature of your work...thanks for the inspiration...my work always takes a somber twist...i try to not take it personally...tee hee....thanks for the inspiration!!!

Nettie Edwards said...

WHHEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Great to see you back and cooking on gas! LOVE Parlour Queen, she looks like a lady who could stir up some trouble! Thanks for keeping us up to speed on your trip. Welcome home x

Leslie said...

You are really firing on all cylinders after your vacation!! I love the progression of your work, the evolution. It's changing, but it still looks like your work! I love it!

Karen from A`Musements said...

You just never cease to amaze me.... the vibrant colors and sense of humor in your work is so wonderful! Maybe I need a vacation too.... yes, that's the ticket.... a break from reality. (I think if you asked my daughter, she'd tell you that's my constant state of mind.... Why do we have kids again?!)
Congrats on the fabulous work...
Wishing you "Solar Tipped" moments all day!

xoxo
Karen

NANCY LEFKO said...

superb new work...I just love to visit and see what you've created !!

said...

Do collages get more charming than these? I think not. :o)

A - Zinnia Productions said...

Love the Solar Tip Shoes! Awesome!