Mar 31, 2009

National Craft Month

Why aren't we celebrating and having a big gigantic party? March was National Craft Month, whatever that entails - I didn't actually research it. But, I am hoping it was good crafty artsy month for all of you! Today is National Clams on the Half Shell Day, Tater Day, and Oranges and Lemon Day. Sounds like dinner to me. These special days are good for planning menus after yesterday's National Hot Dog Day and tomorrow, among other things, is National Sourdough Bread Day. I'm getting hungry.

Dream a Little


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 3/31/09
3 1/2 x 5 collage using a face from Spark Your Imagination's Elements No.1, and many other elements taken from magazine clippings, scanned, altered, reprinted, trimmed and all hand-colored and arranged on a background of scrap papers.
Available for purchase at tumblefishstudio.etys.com


Aren't I always saying how behind I am? I still am. I need a National It's Okay to be Behind Day so I can take it off and go to the beach . . . and get further behind I guess.

8 comments:

Terri Kahrs said...

Here I am - sitting in a hotel room (snoring husband "watching tv"). Checked in to see what you've been up to while I'm away . . . . and . . . . WOW, Marsha! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these new little fairy people!!!!!

Your work is always amazing, but there's something about these creations that different and very special. You've made my day and filled it with sunshine!!!! Awesome!

Jamie said...

"Dream a Little Dream" is AWESOME!! You never fail to blow me away with your creations! Thank you so much for the wonderful hearts art too. Are your ears burning? I was talking about you over at Art-e-ology:) Love, Jamie

Hayley Egan said...

Thanks for your comment and for sharing your latest piece (I can't wait until mine arrives!) and for letting me know that you too are behind! (I'm tearing my hair out over here).. Hope you are well. X

roc said...

from one behind to another...it's ok!

Unknown said...

WOW such much going on in our Nation! Guess if we followed every national food day our bellies would be very very full:)
Have an absolutely magical day Marsha.
BTW Another stunning and fun filled piece!
XXXX
Becky

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Love this one! Her bright fuschia skirt just screams at me! And her cute little bob hairdo is great.
Did you say you were BEHIND? Honey, that's my middle name! And of course what do I do with all my spare(?) time? Spend it on the computer. hehehe Oh well, what gets done, gets done and what doesn't... Obviously isn't that important!
Hugs to you!
cathy

Flippinpest said...

A truly fantastic piece Marsha..keep up the ghreat work :-)

Linda Summerfield said...

We should have had a cake!