Aug 3, 2009

Your forgiveness . . .

I'm hoping for your forgiveness. I always feel badly collecting such sweet visits from so many nice people and then not making visits myself. But, I actually started blog visiting this morning and got just a few done and my head is already spinning. There are times when I just absorb everything like a dry, dry sponge and I end up with so much inspiration, so many ideas flooding in I just freeze cuz I don't know where to start or what to do first or how to sort it all out or how to just shut them down, take a deep breath and keep blog looking for fear of even more head spinning. For example, I visited Nancy Baumiller's blog about an hour ago and went to visit her links and those links led to other links which led to other links and then so many ideas are spinning in my head I can't focus on anything and haven't left on comment anywhere for over an hour.

On top of getting lost touring through blogland, I have a box full of pictures I picked up for $20 yesterday - FULL of pictures and they're all in a mess on the table in attempt to sort them out - those are calling my name (can you hear them? Maaaarrrrrsssshhhhhaaaaa, oh Maaaarrrrrrrrrrrrssshhhaaa, HEY MARSHA!) as is the laundry already started and waiting to be put in the dryer before it sours or waiting to be folded. I am scattered and overwhelmed in the best sense of the words - good scattered, good overwhelmed. So, if it takes me awhile to visit, not like you're sitting their waiting for me to visit, but just know I have you on my mind, my overwhelmed, scattered mind!

In the meantime, I was recently in an inchie swap and got my beautiful swaps in the mail the other day! I love them! In order they are from left to right top to bottom, Phizzychick, Melissa of Honey Girl Studio, Roc, StampQn, Cathy, and Lauren.



And one last little tidbit, my friend Val of Val Zdero Art is hosting a fab give away. Go check it out!

17 comments:

Jamie said...

Ooooh, pictures. Pretty pictures. Sorry, it's how I get:) LOL!! I think this happens to us all Sweetie so don't sweat it. This too shall pass;) Love You! Jamie

yoborobo said...

What? I am TOO waiting for you to visit. LOL! Take a few days and just make stuff. Ignore everything else - you need to make things!!!!!!!!! And I'm glad I'm not the only one linking into the outer stratosphere. :) Or with sour laundry (which I just remembered I had in the washer when I read that sentence!). Happy creating, sweetie! xoxo Pam

Marit said...

I agree with Jamie - it happens to all of us! And isn't it lovely... bloghopping and your head spinning!? It takes some time to settle down in the head, but after a while/days some good personal stuff grows from it! You just have to give it time to sink in - and then you can use the inspiration to create and grow!

Bea said...

I had to make a list. I work better when I have a list in front of me. I don't like lists but they do help me get done that which must be done and I'm in a lazy mood and don't want to get it done.
:)Bea

A - Zinnia Productions said...

See why we all love you so much Marsha? I know I LOVE when you visit me!
I love your little inchies. I am hoping to organize a swap one of these days...but alas, my laundry is calling me too! Dang...my hubby grumbles when the towels smell sour cuz I forgot to put them in the dryer sooner. LOL! That is the life we lead! Let them have sour towels! Err..."Let them eat cake?" however the saying goes....! big hugs!!!!!!

junkgarden said...

Boy, do I know what you mean! One link leads to another link leads to another link and before you know, you've been sitting here for hours. Now with that being said, I'd love for you to visit me sometime. LOL. By the way, I LOVE your artwork. I actually am going to post a few of my favorite things later in the week and your artwork is one of them!

Nettie Edwards said...

LOL! You have been spending money too!!! Come on, show and tel!!!!!

vintagesusie said...

OK, you're just FUNNY...that's all there is too it!!! I have been wandering through your blog & I think your art is absolutely fabulous. Looking at what you do, I would think you must have a million ideas floating around in that brain of yours. I wrote an early blog where I felt I truly was OCD & I'm pretty new to all this. Laughing is a great way to unjumble your mind & you did make other people smile today, thanks!

Michele said...

I totally know how you feel! I do the exact same thing while checking out blogs. Take your blog for example. I clicked on it, over an hour ago to check out the new post and along the way saw another blog to check out then another and another..you get the picture.

I swear sometimes I have 20 tabs open, all different art blogs to pour over. I love it, but it's such a time sucker! I wish I could get to everyone every day, but there isn't enough time.

So what I'm trying to say in a long winded way, is that you aren't the only one who does this, and don't feel so guilty about not visiting and commenting on every single blog. No apologies necessary!

Whenever you have the time is fine. And by the way I totally appreciate you coming by and visiting mine, and saying such lovely things all the time. *Gush* But seriously don't feel bad if you don't! :)

P.S. those inchies are fabulous, it makes me want to play too!

WingingIt said...

thanks for all you do!!! you are truly amazing!!!

said...

Oh those inchies are so darling. I've never tried making one before. What a beautiful collection.

Thank you for featuring my ATC on your sidebar!

Carolee said...

Just discovered your blog and your work - truly delightful!!

~ Carolee

Lori Saul said...

Enjoyed your post very much- I too become overwhelmed with ideas and how to express them (with work, family life and mundane responsiblities in there too)! Focusing on a theme helps me break it down- otherwise I won't get anything done. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your lovely comments Marsha- you are always inspiring!

thekathrynwheel said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving the link to the animation. Hoo hoo hoo! It's absolutely fabulous! I love it when she throws the needles over the edge and then doesn't know what to do with herself :-) Thanks for making me smile. Kate

My Vintage Studio said...

thank you for visiting my blog this week.

I always love seeing your art...just beautiful!

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

New pictures..love new pictures to sort thru..and getting lost in Blogland is soooo stinkin' easy~ I feel you pain :)

Janine said...

Wonderful pictures, I would like to get mail like this too (giggle)
Best wishes
Janine