Aug 6, 2011

Hello Peoples!

Life . . .
It's been a whirlwind the last week to get back into work and up and running again after a couple of unplanned weeks mostly away. It's always hard to get back where you were, isn't it?

Life has settled down again . . . there's never a dull moment, and like the rest of you, have countless fires to douse as you try to "get on with it". I often imagine, when I'm feeling stressed or sorry for myslef, that everyone else gets to go through their days care free with not a thing to do but make art, visit friends, eat, nap, and watch movies. But I know that is not the case. I think. By the way, Mom-in-law is doing much better and is recovering well and looking forward to retirement!

Working . . .
On with it . . . been working double time to get new kits made to get caught up on my business plan. Think I'm almost there. A few days ago, I added two new kits: Vive la France and 15 Dresses and have the next several kits done to spread out over the next few weeks. Hoping that means this week I can make some art, correspond, and take it a little easier.

She Had Paris


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen, August 2011. All rights reserved.
Digital collage. Digital kits used all from Tumble Fish Studio: 15 Dresses, Vive la France, Divas, Matched Set, and Dance-A-Thon.


(She Had Paris) Parts
I don't usually show my "naked" parts that I use in my image kits and work, but these are the parts and pieces I used to make She Had Paris (above). Everything I sell in my image kits comes from my own collection of antique papers and pictures like these shown below before being restored and altered.



Owl King


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen August 2011. All rights reserved.
Digital collage. Digital kits used all from Tumble Fish Studio: Vive la France, Cartes De Jeu, Male Persuasion, and City Skies.


15 Dresses



Vive la France



Slideshow
The very talented Tracey Parker of Glitterbug Studios, who I am so lucky to have on my Creative Team, made a lovely little slideshow to feature some of the work of my team last week. Thank you Tracey!


ATC Swap
I'm hosting another ATC swap in the forum at DeviantScrap.com. The theme this month is the "Inner Me". Anyone is welcome to join in and you can use images from wherever you like. You can sign up for a digital swap or a hard copy snail mail swap. I'd love to have you join us! You can find it here.

My ATC for August is digital. It's really a new version of an older piece, Small Me. I'm revealing my inner psyche and struggle with feeling adequate (as a human) I guess.

Not Big


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen, July 2011. All rights reserved.
Digital ATC. Digital kits used all from Tumble Fish Studio except the black and white border which was made using pieces from Crowabout Studio B. Tumble Fish Studio kits used: Girl Whimsy, Journal Words, Matched Set, Divas, and Hats Crowns and Wings.


I feel a prize coming on!
Later this week look for a very special prize drawing and feature on one of my favorite artists around!

4 comments:

Lee Weber said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your kits!! I could buy every single one. I have some dough coming from Stampington (hint hint) and I may need to spend it... Nice work!!

WW said...

Beautiful stuff....and tracey...great slideshow!!

Sherry said...

I love your "not big" -- and I can so relate!

Amy said...

I super love the baby elephant