Apr 23, 2009

Blah day . . .

I'm a little blue today, a little blah. I don't feel like doing what I should do but don't feel like wallowing either. I'll just go with the flow. Here's something that came together rather quickly this morning for some reason (I usually take three times longer to make something). The main body comes from June at http://junesartyretreat.blogspot.com Actually, it came from one of her other blogs http://artfreebies.blogspot.com/ Thank you June!

Fish Stick


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 4/23/09
This is a 5 x 7 collage using a face from an image sharing group, a body from http://artfreebies.blogspot.com
boots from a magazine, wings from an image sharing group, and fish from paperstreet.etsy.com. The socks and hat are handmade. The background pieces are from AsunderEphemera.etsy.com. The only parts hand-colored in this piece are the skin of the legs, arms, socks, and face. This piece will be available for purchase at http://tumblefishstudio.etsy.com


I'm still on hold with my dad. He met with the surgeon to discuss his failed stress test. I expected that they would do the test again but instead he wants my dad to come back in a month to schedule surgery. My dad wants to get it over with so he said he's gonna call and see if he can't just go ahead and schedule it for that week in May. This is not sitting well with me. I don't understand why they are not doing the stress test again and I think my dad is tired of this dragging out any longer (we've been trying to get this done since October - we've been on surgery and plan making hold since then). It seems they all can't explain the failed stress test and want to go ahead anyway. I just have to trust my dad and the doc and God but I am pretty anxious about this, more than last time. I'll keep you updated. And, thanks for the good wishes and prayers.

8 comments:

yoborobo said...

Hi Marsha - No wonder you're feeling blue. It's hard to stay 'up' when you have your plate as full as yours is (now there's a collage subject for you).

Sending all good thoughts and prayers your way! :)

Chrisy said...

Hey honey...sorry you're having to go through this anxious time...and your art piece is wonderful...so quirky...

Gaby Bee said...

Your new creation is incredible! I am always loving the color palette you use. Love her shoes! That red is awesome.
Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
Gaby xo

Cathy said...

oh gosh, this is wonderful!
great twist on the quote.
hope you are feeling more sunny today!
hugs!

A - Zinnia Productions said...

Awe...keep your chin up. We all love ya! ooooxxx Zinnia

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

No wonder you're a little blue, a little blah! Waiting and wondering and fearing all kinds of things about your dad. Should you suggest a second opinion on the stress test??
Or has he already gotten a second opinion way back in Oct.? Just a thought.
Your newest piece is wonderful as are the ones you did yesterday! I love them all. Especially the red boots.
And I was serious and meant nothing derogatory when I said you were 'up on your soapbox'. I truly love hearing you 'get it off your chest'. It's a wonderful thing to do, instead of keeping it stored inside. So Keep on Getting up there and spilling your guts to us!
We love you!
cathy

margot said...

oh this is so great!!!
hope you're feeling a lighter shade of blue today!

Becky Brown said...

So sorry to hear about the weirdness around scheduling with your dad. Please keep me posted and know you're in my thoughts.

I *heart* the fish stick!