Oct 7, 2008

Phooey . . .

Warning! Grumping below!



I spent two hours working on this piece this morning and nothing worked. So, this is what is left . . . the rest just departed in the trash truck, good riddance.

I have been struggling the last few days. I haven't had much time to dedicate to art so I've tried little things here and there and don't like anything I can do. Now I don't even like what I've already finished and posted here last week! Phooey, phooey, phooey. Do you get like this? I've been working on a new banner for the blog here, hate that too. Tired of my music and blah, blah, blah . . . I wish I could make my hands do what my heart wants them to. Wish I could find my niche, that sweet spot where everything works just as your insides see them contentedly.

Hopefully, I'll be back at work and in better spirits tomorrow with some new work of some kind to post. Until then, here's a free pic for you as penance for my grumbling. Another from the Library of Congress that has no restrictions on its use. Enjoy . . .

3 comments:

Oz said...

Not all art can be perfect. It is what it is. Sometimes the imperfect ones are the best. You have never made a piece that I have not liked or even loved.

Oz

monica said...

i can relate to this piece, not sure how to explain it...its like you see a "complete" picture, but something is missing (obviously) but whats missing might be different for each person...for me, its a feeling of being lost in this crazy place, not sure whre i fit in....its my favorite piece of art on here! i LOVE it!!

Linda Summerfield said...

You need to start a Yuck file, put the pieces you can't bare to look at any more in the file. I am sure when you return to the piece at a later date you will see the potential. I think this ripped piece looks pretty cool!
linda