Oct 29, 2008

This one's a winner . . .

I simply must insist (as if I had that power over people - "insist" . . . who do I think I am? okay, highly encourage) that you take a few minutes and visit this blog http://t2net.com/blogtace/ (also in my links list as "All Kinds of Stuff") Go to the post titled "An Understanding Marriage" for instance - I am still giggling . . . sea water - these are my kind of people, my husband and I would sit and hang with these folks, they are right up our preverbial alley. Anyway, for those getting ready to scold, I have not hovered here all day, but in fact have used the reward system for myself: if I go to the market, get to read a bit, if I actually put the groceries away, another reading reward, a shower counts for double time, etc. Has this helped me find my misplaced mojo muse? No, in fact, it has made me think I should trash the art supplies and just read her blog all day everyday - at least I'd be amused and save money at the same time (no more wasted art supplies!) I don't know, but she just hits a chord with me. I hope you enjoy her as much. If I knew how to send those blog award thingys I would send her one (you probably have to get one before you can send one, so that'll never happen), but maybe one of you can do it for me. She gets a gold star in my grade book. And, she needs to be writin' a book or column somewhere.

Okay have to add a picture of something for those visual people that don't read and only look at the pictures (kind of opposite of what my husband tells me about certain publications, isn't it?) Here is my only sad accomplishment of the last two days . . . I call her Fairy Plain Jane because (accept for the crazy big hair . . . okay, and big head) she is pretty plain and boring. So am I, baby, so am I. I'm feelin' ya . . . (though I don't have big hair, maybe slightly larger than average head, but I'm not really sure)


10/29/08 copyright Marsha Jorgensen
5 x 7 collage using vintage pics reprinted, Dover clipart, ribbon, watercolor, and ink

I did lay out a couple of other pieces but have to do more than I did with this one. I feel so incredibly lazy and dull this week. Maybe I can't visit Tace's blog til I really put in some effort . . . nah.

Oh, before I go, have to tell you. I went to Trader Joe's today (are they everywhere or just CA?) - cool market. Anyway, an older lady dropped her free sample of something and a very nice younger lady picked it up and tried to hand it to her and the old lady hit her repeatedly with her purse and told the younger lady to leave her alone. It was surreal. I have never seen an actual old lady hit someone with her purse until today. Wow. I felt so bad for the younger lady - bet she thinks twice the next time she's tempted to be helpful.

7 comments:

Tace said...

I would like to take this opportunity to accept your imaginary award with as much thanks and big smiles as I have available to me. Of all the imaginary gold star awards I've received, and I admit there's been many, yours is my most favorite. I have a spot all picked out for it on the virtual mantle in my mind. This is even better than the gutter ball champ medal I won when I was 18 and I didn't think anything could top that.
p.s. I am kind of jealous you saw an old lady whaling on some one with a purse. I thought that only happened in the movies, now I will keep an extra eye on the older ladies at the grocery store to see if they have a spark of righteous anger waiting to be ignited by my helping hand. My husband helped a sweet lady with her mail the other day when we saw she was having trouble with a cane and barely able to get out of her vehicle. Luckily in this case she gave him a smile and a thanks and didn't start swinging....
p.p.s. You said my blog just hit a chord with you, well if you should find in the light of day when your muse returns that it no longer hits a chord...well..I'm keeping the gold star.
*grins* Thanks for the blog link and p.s. again, actually am working on a book and we shall see if it's ever published some day or is just going to be something I can haul out at every future holiday and glare at the kiddies in the family and talk about the good ol' days when I enjoyed writing and everything wasn't about them.
p.p.p.s. I don't have kids and don't plan on it (insert awkward information overload here) but I have cats so exchange kiddies for kitties and you're all set.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Okay, Tace . . . the "wrap it up" award show music was playing about one sentence in on your acceptance speech. Next time I throw imaginary awards at you, you need to keep it shorter and sweeter. (snicker) Just kidding, you deserve overtime in your acceptance speech. I'll listen to (read) whatever you want to say (write) because you are so entertaining. However, I deduct points for the cat comments. I am a dog person. I am intimidated and afraid of the cat species' superimposed superiority. I need the superficial inadequacy of the dog species to make me feel in control of my life (I used the prefix super like three times in those two sentences - wow, that's cool!). But, you know, you need the ying AND the yang to make things work so I'll overlook it. Can I have a signed copy of your book? I'll pay double to get the first or second or third copy! Heck, I'll sell them door to door for you - just the medicine this world needs right now! Maybe I can be your personal assistant on book tours . . . fluff your cat, provide fresh sharpies, bounce out the old ladies with purses (or not, antagonizing them costs extra though). I truly hope it happens for you - you've got somethin' there girlie! I know you are on your way to big things!
Marsha

Tace said...

Clearly you have not the same cats as I have met...superiority doesn't come to mind....big footed felines falling of the fridge does. Cats spending hours chasing invisible spots on the floor does and cats that regularly get all hepped up on cat nip and roll around the carpet abandoning even the tiniest scrap of dignity...I like dogs too, I am bi-animal. I like cats and dogs. Actually I like giraffes and pigs and those ducks that sound like they're laughing so I'm up to what..? Quin-animal?
By the by if you're deducting points for feline related comments I'm deducting some for sharpie mentions...we're space pen people lady. If it's good enough for the astronauts it oughtta be good enough for us. I have not as yet had occasion to actually use my space pen in space but I feel ever so secure knowing I CAN.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

Oh my . . .what planets have aligned that we should cross each others' path? And why are we both awake and still posting comments on our own blogs?
Space pens . . . I put them (I mean Santa put them) in everyone's stockings a couple of years ago. No one was impressed but me. I thought, of course, you never know when you might need to write something upside down or in a gravity lacking environment. I felt the same "got it covered" security sensation you experience. And, I see your point. In case an old lady lays you flat you can still autograph books from a prone position. No sharpies, check, Space pens, check. See? What a great personal assistant I would be!

Sort of related (but not really), while up very late in Las Vegas in a McDonald's Friday night last, my daughter (15 years old mind you) wanted to know why she should have to pay a bazillion dollars to go to the moon if monkeys got to go for free. Somehow, I see her reasoning but am ashamed to admit it. She, however, has her jaw set on moon rocks in some crazy money making scheme. If she ever gets to go, we'll send our space pens with her to really try them out, publish our results in Consumer Reports, and become famous contemporary gadget gurus. Okay, I am not funny to myself anymore so I am off to bed. Tace, you are one cool chick.

Tace said...

You can write upside down with space pens, and you can wet your paper and write on that and you can run around your house like a mad person writing on every surface you can think of to test it's write-ability. Also if you're realllly geeky you can buy just the space pen innards and then cannibalize your other NON-space types and give them new space pen guts. In case you were just dying to know that. By the way crazier than monkeys getting to go to space for free, astronauts get paid! PAID, actual money type salaries, to go to space. What does that say about the rest of us? Space people get paid, monkeys go for free and we have to cough up bazillions of dollars.....hmmm.

Linda Summerfield said...

Dear Marsha,
I receieved my lovely package today! Wow, I am overwhelmed. Your collage is wonderful and I will treasure it! The paperdoll and clothes and package of ephemera are amazing! Your etsy shop is sure to be a huge success.
Thanks a million,
Linda

Linda Summerfield said...

PS. Your tagged!!!
You have to list six things about yourself.