Sep 1, 2009

Still here!

Took the last couple of days away from the computer and away from art. As you know, we had company over the weekend, attended a lovely all day memorial service/party for our dear friend and kept a close eye on the nearby fires. We are about 5 miles from the biggest fire, the Station fire. We are not in its path or in any danger (mainly because there has been no wind - with wind this could have been very, very disastrous for millions of folks) but the smoke has been thick at times and the high temperatures miserable. The fire is in our neighborhood, so to speak, areas we frequent for shopping and restaurants, drive near several times a week, but we are not in the fire's path. So no worries. We'll just be glad when its over. I'm going to take a couple of more days to get up to speed - I have some doctor's appointments for normal check ups and a very sore toe that has been causing me problems for many months. The kids have to pick up schedules and some new clothes and supplies for school that starts next week so I'm going to take care of the mundane here! Back soon!

9 comments:

said...

I've been incognito myself with my computer in the shop for over a week. Wanted to say hello & so glad to hear you are not being affected by the fires. Get someone to kiss that sore toe for you! ;o)

lilylovekin said...

I'm so glad you are ok with the fires. We were camping this weekend up near Yosemite and the winds were terrible. We smelled forest fires all weekend. Someone must be watching over you down there in LA!!

aliceinparis said...

Gosh, Marsha, Five miles seems really close to me! Those fires are raging out of control and it makes me sad to think of all the destruction. I hope the wind stays still. Better still I hope it rains!
Stay safe.

yoborobo said...

I'd been worrying about you! So glad you and yours are okay.

I'm up to my eyeballs in kid's stuff, too. Ours started on Monday. I am still in shock! LOL! Stay safe xox Pam

thekathrynwheel said...

Been thinking of you - hope the fire doesn't get any closer. Good luck with the mundane stuff. Sometimes it just has to be done
:-)
Kate

Elena Lai Etcheverry said...

glad you are fine. will call you next week after things settle down!

sharon said...

Glad you checked in Marsha, it had crossed my mine several times about the fires....glad everything is good for you.....take care of yourself and your family and all that STUFF we all have to do, it just catches up sometimes!

Marit said...

Glad you're not in the danger zone! Have a good week and don't forget to relax in between appointments...

Johnna said...

Happy your safe!
Xo's Johnna