Jun 7, 2009

Miscellany

I love finding old advertising on old brick walls. We don't have much brick or stone work in Los Angeles because of earthquakes so I have always enjoyed it traveling other places. The whole idea kind of makes me think of the three little pigs for some reason. This is on a building on "the square" in Mountain Grove, MO where I am staying at my Dad's house.


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 6/6/09

I have finished a rough draft of my artist statement. I followed the formula that the other artists usually provide for this venue and instead of attaching a resume you can write a brief biography. I've posted it on my other inactive blog. I have another blog listed under my name so that I am more "searchable" but I never post there. I just added the draft to the only post I've put there so don't be confused by the November date. I put it there so as not to bore the folks here that don't want to read it. Now if you read it you will see that I state my work has been published several times and you might be thinking "2 times is several?" but since being here in Missouri I've found out that I will have work published in July and in the Holiday issue in September so by the time the exhibit opens in October, I feel I can say 4 times is several. I can't really say "a few times" though that is probably more accurate! You can comment either place with your suggestions if you have time or interest. Here's the link marshajorgensen.blogspot.com Thank you!

Back to blog visits and flickr today for me! I'll be buzzing by!

6 comments:

Outstanding Stranger said...

Thanks for visiting my blog while you are away..It was so nice to hear from you and I am glad your dad is doing so good. I know how you must miss your home and art room I know when I am away I miss it and am glad for my dh lap top. Have a safe trip home. Big Hugs, Diane

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

I love those old wall murals/ads too and try to photograph them when I can!! HOpe all is well, stay safe!

Chrisy said...

That photo of the wall is fabulous...hope you're getting to do some nice things...

Lori Saul said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful photo- I am a brick lover myself - makes a wonderful canvas! My very best to you and your Dad -hope a speedy recovery (and some rest for you) are in sight. Thank you for you lovely comment on my blog!

DMG said...

Congratulations, Marsha; I am so proud of you! And your artist's statement is very thoughtful and articulate. The photograph of the brick wall is so awesome. I love to visit different parts of Atlanta and photograph wall advertisements in the older parts of the city and graffiti in Little 5 Points. In fact, my student blog is even called "Graffiti," and I've often used those images in my collages. Maybe you could incorporate some of your photographs in your work.....

Jamie said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations Sweetie!!! I am so very proud of you. I will take some time during "quite" time today (if that really exists) and look at your statement. With the boys home for the summer we hit the ground running around here! So glad Dad is home and getting better eveyday. Love, Jamie