Apr 12, 2009

Change of plans . . .

. . . we ended up not going to the beach for a picnic since we are going next weekend too and we didn't want to fight the spring break traffic. Instead, we had a big unhealthy but yummy breakfast, vegged a bit, and I played with art today. I worked for about 12 hours and only got these done . . .

Just Play


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 4/12/09
This is an original 3 1/2 x 5 collage using a face from Spark Your Imagination's Elements No. 1, legs from lisasalteredart.etsy.com, torso and arms from moonfaires.etsy.com, and skirt from the public domain. All pieces were reprinted, carefully trimmed and hand-colored. Wings were made from a 100 year old encyclopedia page. The crown was also handmade and hand-colored. All pieces were arranged on a stamped background.
This piece is available for purchase at tumblefishstudio.etsy.com

Beach Goddess Party


copyright by Marsha Jorgensen 4/12/09
This is a 3 1/2 x 5 original collage custom made for my friend Angellea. It uses faces from various places that have been left over from other projects, bodies and water from paperstreet.etsy.com, hair from the public domain, and starfish from takeabreak in an image sharing group, all reprinted, carefully trimmed and hand-colored.


Should I not be getting faster at making things? I seem to be getting slower and slower, whatever that means. I am having fun, slow fun, but fun.

Since I'm in the beach and ocean mood lately, you should check out this artist's amazing photography. I promise you haven't seen anything like it. http://www.clarklittlephotography.com/gallery/index/category/gallery|MainGallery/start/0/MainGallery.html

Hope you had a great weekend!

13 comments:

Tace said...

We went to a BBQ at the family's for Easter. GIANT burgers were consumed. Feel a little strange I think I ate more meat in one sitting than I have in a year (no exaggeration). Had brownies for breakfast though and brownies after the burger and we let the nephews squirt us with water guns and silly string so it was a very nice day. I did nothing artistic yet...no wait...I forgot, I cut the brownies into triangles....that counts right? :) I shall be arty later on, I have a rabbit to make!
The starfish ladies are soooooo awesome!! Make me think of like an Ocean King's daughters or something, playing in the surf.

Audrey said...

I Love your beach babes! Gorgeous!
i hope you will have fun making art for a long time so we all can enjoy your art with wings and hats*lol*)). Hugs, Audrey

BlueRidgeLady said...

Sounds like my kinda day! These two new pieces are extra fabulous! Love the 100 yr old encyclopedia wings and the starfish hats! So creative! x0x

Gaby Bee said...

Your new creations are amazing as usual. The beach babes are simply stunning:-)
Happy Easter to you and yours! Hope you have a wonderful day!
Gaby xo

Kim Mailhot said...

Fast or slow, I love 'em, especially the chickies with starfish hats !

I went to the beach Sunday with my Lab and my friend Old English sheep dog (His first time!). I was windy and cold (38 degrees) but the dogs had a blast.

Glad you had a lovely Easter day !
Happy Monday !

Cindy said...

That top gal is a little cutie! Looks quite playful. And time...ha. If I could work fast, I might could actually MAKE money. LOL. So I hear ya. I get too absorbed in what I'm doing, I love the creative process, losing myself in that is often just as fulfilling as the finished product. But nope, not conducive to getting much accomplished. LOL.

-c
yappingcat

Taluula said...

Marsha both of these are wonderful but the second one is just spectacular. Bravo my friend.

Terri Kahrs said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy the beach, BUT I LOVE the outcome of your day! The first creation made me smile, and the second brought a chuckle! Both are FAB-u-lous!

Unknown said...

They are both just Fab Marsha! I finished the card I used your background for. I will post it this week. I loved it and had a lot of fun creating the card.
But first I am going to post a give away. I FINALLY MADE 25 followers:)
WOO HOO!!!!!

Please let me know which 2 collage sheets you would like along with your email address and Myself or Lynne will get them to you:)

beck51161@yahoo.com

Thank you so much for linking to us we truly appreciate you!

Have a magical and creative day my sweet friend.
XXXOOO
Becky

Janny said...

Beautiful work again;o)

Veronica said...

Seems like you got quite a bit done to me! They look great.

The wave photos are pretty spectacular.

Vinyl Banners said...

"I am having fun, slow fun, but fun."

It's ok...you had fun and you make dainty art! Really incredible.

Nettie Edwards said...

Love the bathing belles and love your blog - pointy hats, wings and all ! Will be back again x