Jan 20, 2009

On the wings of hope . . .



(You can download this image - it is in the public domain)

I write this with goosebumps this morning. I am watching the inauguration as I visit all of the One World One Heart participants. (It may take me a month to get to everyone!) The cheering of the millions and millions of people I see just gives me chills. So many people with so much hope in their hearts. Never have I witnessed anything like it. What an incredible and historical event to be a part of in our lifetimes, even from our homes so far away. I have not enough words to write what I wish I could and the moment is almost here. I'll just leave you all hopeful myself!

8 comments:

Janny said...

I am not a participant of the World One Heart but I want to thank you for the freebie and say that you have a beautiful Blog;o)I just watched TV it was beautiful!

Becky Brown said...

Isn't it a great day? Love your post!

Kim Mailhot said...

It was quite a day, wasn't it ! Global warming in the best sense of those words possible.


Thanks for sharing the gorgeous photo !

Castle in the Air said...

It is a beautiful, brand new day. So much love from so many people. Only magic can come from it.
Best wishes for a bright future for us all.
- Karima

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh love this image!!! Thanks for letting us download it. I have just the little journal it needs to go onto.

xo,
Lesley

Linda M. Cain said...

It was a beautiful day. My son and DIL say they were a beautiful couple. And they were soooo close to them, they couldn't believe it!

We are on our way to better days!

Linda

Unknown said...

Hi Marsha! I love this image. Thank you for sharing it. Thank you for joining my OWOH giveaway! I had already commented on your giveaway so I didn't want to "cheat"! I hope your mom does learn to tat! Good luck to you! Whether or not you win the tatting giveaway I hope you encourage your mom to look on you tube for tatting tutorials. Many people are finding that to be a satisfactory venue for learning tatting when there is no teacher available!

Leslie said...

I love your post about the inauguration! You said so well everything I have been feeling. It is an extraordinary day!!

And your latest work is superb! I can't wait to get a chance to buy some of it!