Nov 22, 2008

Holy Moley Cow!

I started to write a long story about this and decided to just come out with it . . .
My amazing mom (technically mom-in-law so as not confuse you) with the assitance of my dear hubby and the sneaky participation of my daughter surprised me with a brand new incredibly fast amazing computer and high quality printer. And I mean surprised me with a capital S. I came home from a movie with my daughter and it was all set up ready to go! I cried like a baby, whimpered even! I've had tears in my eyes this morning.

I had been complaining (I thought with great subtlety) about the slowness of my old computer and just faced the fact that my images simply were not printing out sharply enough. So yesterday morning I was trying to edit pictures and cursing my computer (again, subtely) for taking f-o-r-e-v-e-r to do anything and mentioned that I may need to invest in a new printer too. Never in a million years would I have allowed her to buy me a computer just before the holidays and in this economy so what did she do? She and my dear hubby went and did it without me and without my permission! I am still in a bit of shock and don't know how to work as fast as this computer is allowing me to! I am so touched and grateful, I am struggling to find the words to say what this means to me. She did this so I could work faster and get more art made because she believes in me and that is a feeling hard to describe.

So, here's a cool picture of my cool mom-in-law, the super star that she was and always will be . . .
She is many amazing things to more people than I can tell you. For example, not many people get personal visits from the local fire department unless you actually have an emergency. They stopped by our house recently just to give her hugs because they love her so much. And, she has done many amazing things, mostly for other people without a thought about herself and too many to list, but this picture is one of my favorites. She was once the California State Ladies Roller Skating Champion! How cool is that! And illustrates nicely our six degrees to Bob Eubanks (the former host of The Newlywed Game) - he was her skating partner! She is many amazing things, not just a roller skating champion but a true dream finder!

2 comments:

Becky Brown said...

This post made my day! Hurray! Sometimes, you just have to let the people who love you take care of you. Sometimes this is in times of dire need, and sometimes this is in times of great surprise and pleasure. See? The universe is conspiring to help you bring out the artist that has always been inside you, and to be the success you are meant to be.

Your MIL sounds amazing - and I am most impressed with the roller skating and the Bob Eubanks link. !Viva la Mama!

Tace said...

Woo and a hoo, congrats on the new computer and printer! Your Mama-in-law sounds like a very nice person. I got me one of them nice mama-in-laws too. haha