Nov 27, 2008

New Fairies . . .

I call this one . . .

America's Next Top Fairy . . .


copyright 11/27/08 by Marsha Jorgensen
5 x 7 collage using reprinted vintage photos, trimmed and hand-colored, wings from Great Musings, and an old Wilson's Milk label

I don't know why but it reminds me of an episode of America's Next Top Model - like a photo shoot or something. I like it. I may use more white backgrounds now and then. The funny thing is I was just showing Thrifty Collage Artist's work to my husband and saying I need to add more elements to my pieces, there needs to be more to look at (which I still think is true). But, for some reason the white is kind of powerful with this one.

You'll recognize the same head in the next piece. I just bought this postcard last week and was just likin' her tonight.


Fairy Rose . . .


copyright 11/27/08 by Marsha Jorgensen
3 3/4 x 4 3/4 collage using reprinted vintage postcard picture, reprinted, trimmed, and hand-colored, wings from Great Musings, and a crown made from an old label on a watercolored background

2 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

terrific! Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!
Linda

Linda Summerfield said...

I am gone just a couple days and I missed so much! Thanks for the tag, it gives me something to post about! You know I ran out of things to talk about back in July.
I hope your Dad is doing well and you enjoyed your Thanksgiving.
Red Shoes is perhaps the greatest place on earth and Catherine matches it with her loveliness. We couldn't do as much damage as I would have liked, but we did some.
Your fairies are lovely and the heads look completely different, I would have never noticed they were the same. I am going to check out your Esty shop now.
Your Pal,
Linda